- 1999: Degree in Biology, University of Patras, Department of Biology
- 2002: MSc, University of Patras, Department of Biology
- 2006: PhD, University of Patras, Department of Biology
- 2010: International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (Stock Assessment-Advanced)
- Animal Biology Ι: Main Phyla and Protostomes
- Animal Biology II: Deuterostomes
- Ecology I/Population Ecology
- Marine Ecology
- Sampling Design, Analysis of Environmental Data & Ecological Models
- Fish Population Dynamics & Management of Marine Biological Resources
Research and other activities
- Fish ecology
- Functioning and conservation of marine ecosystems
- Fisheries methodology and management
- Anthropogenic impacts on marine ecosystems
Participation in eight oceanographic or fisheries research surveys. Design and implementation of experimental fishing and fisheries monitoring onboard commercial vessels and in port.
Coordinator of two research projects. Participation in eight other international and eight national research projects.
- Tzanatos E., Somarakis S., Tserpes G., Koutsikopoulos C. (2006): Identifying and classifying small-scale fisheries métiers in the Mediterranean: a case study in the Patraikos Gulf, Greece. Fisheries Research, 81: 158-168.
- Tzanatos E., Castro J., Forcada A., Matic-Skoko S., Gaspar M., Koutsikopoulos C. (2013): A Metier-Sustainability-Index (MSI25) to evaluate fisheries components: assessment of cases from data-poor fisheries from southern Europe, ICES Journal of Marine Science, 70: 78-98.
- Tzanatos E., Raitsos D. E., Triantafyllou G., Somarakis S., Tsonis A. A. (2014): Indications of a climate effect on Mediterranean fisheries, Climatic Change, 122: 41-54.
- Georgiadis M., Mavraki N., Koutsikopoulos C., Tzanatos E. (2014): Spatio-temporal dynamics and management implications of the nightly appearance of Boops boops (Acanthopterygii, Perciformes) juvenile shoals in the anthropogenically modified Mediterranean littoral zone, Hydrobiologia, 734: 81-96.
- Koutsidi M., Tzanatos E., Machias A., Vassilopoulou V. (2016): Fishing for function: The use of biological traits to evaluate the effects of multi-species fisheries on the functioning of fisheries assemblages, ICES Journal of Marine Science, 73: 1091-1103.