1. Postgraduate Studies Programme of the Department of Biology “Biological Sciences: Research and Applications”
The revised Postgraduate Programme of Studies “Biological Sciences: Research and Applications”, aims at the postgraduate education of graduates of the Departments of Biology and other related sciences, in cutting-edge areas of Biological Sciences directly related to the development of Biological Technology and Environmental Biology.
The main objectives of the programme are to provide knowledge aimed at providing scientists with a sound theoretical and technological training, who will in turn be able to:
(a) support and further promote basic and applied research carried out in the Universities and research institutes of the country
(b) staff a range of services related to health, quality of life, nutrition, monitoring, protection and management of the environment.
The objectives of the programme are the result of a long and systematic observation, recording and analysis of the problems of education in the Biological Sciences Departments in Greece, an assessment of the social and economic needs of the country and, in addition, a systematic monitoring and study of the rapid developments in the biological sciences and their multiple applications over the last twenty-five years.
The MSc ‘Biological Sciences: Research and Applications’ leads to the award of a Master of Science (M.Sc.) in the following Specialties:
2. Interdepartmental Postgraduate Programmes
Our Department also participates in the following Interdepartmental Postgraduate Programs:
- Postgraduate Programme in Environmental Sciences (School of Natural Sciences & Departments of Biology, Geology, Physics, Chemistry of the University of Patras)
- Postgraduate program in Bioinformatics Life Science (School of Medicine & Departments of Physics, Pharmacy, Computer Engineering & Informatics of the University of Patras)
- Postgraduate Programme in Oceanography: Exploration, Capture and Management of the Marine Environment (Departments of Geology and Biology of the University of Patras)