Faculty Staff / Section of Plant Biology
Associate Professor of Plant Physiology
Office location: 1st floor
Telephone: +30 2610 996771
- BSc, Department of Biology, University of Patras (1988)
- PhD, Department of Biology, University of Patras (1995)
- Undergraduate courses at the Department of Biology: i) Plant Physiology I, ii) Plant Ecophysiology, iii) Applied Bioethics and Bioethics
- Postgraduate courses at the Department of Biology: i) Impact of environmental stresses on Mediterranean plants, ii) Topics in Applied Plant Physiology and Biotechnology.
- Supervision of 3 PhD, 6 MSc and 20 undergraduate theses.
Research and other activities
- Physiology and Ecophysiology of Photosynthesis of Mediterranean plants
- Water relations and water stress of Mediterranean plants
- Ecophysiology of chasmophytes.
- Effects of endophytes and viruses on the photosynthesis of cultivated species Photosynthetic characteristics of microalgae under toxic conditions
- UV-B radiation impact on native Mediterranean plants
- Tseliou, E., Chondrogiannis, C., Kalachanis, D., Goudoudaki, S., Manoussopoulos, Y., & Grammatikopoulos, G. (2021). Integration of biophysical photosynthetic parameters into one photochemical index for early detection of Tobacco Mosaic Virus infection in pepper plants. Journal of Plant Physiology, 267(June), 153542. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jplph.2021.153542
- Chondrogiannis, C., & Grammatikopoulos, G. (2021). Transition from juvenility to maturity strengthens photosynthesis in sclerophyllous and deciduous but not in semi-deciduous Mediterranean shrubs. Environmental and Experimental Botany, 181. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envexpbot.2020.104265
- Koutra, E., Grammatikopoulos, G., & Kornaros, M. (2017). Microalgal post-treatment of anaerobically digested agro-industrial wastes for nutrient removal and lipids production. Bioresource Technology, 224, 473–480. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2016.11.022
- Chondrogiannis, C., & Grammatikopoulos, G. (2016). Photosynthesis in developing leaf of juveniles and adults of three Mediterranean species with different growth forms. Photosynthesis Research, 130(1–3). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11120-016-0276-4
- Mantzoukas, S., Chondrogiannis, C., & Grammatikopoulos, G. (2015). Effects of three endophytic entomopathogens on sweet sorghum and on the larvae of the stalk borer Sesamia nonagrioides. Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata, 154(1), 78–87. https://doi.org/10.1111/eea.12262
- Gouvra, E., & Grammatikopoulos, G. (2007). Diurnal and seasonal trends of water relations in five co-occurring chasmophytic species. Flora: Morphology, Distribution, Functional Ecology of Plants, 202(3). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.flora.2006.06.005
- Grammatikopoulos, G., Petropoulou, Y., & Manetas, Y. (1999). Site-dependent differences in transmittance and UV-B-absorbing capacity of isolated leaf epidermes and mesophyll in Urginea maritima (L.) Baker. Journal of Experimental Botany, 50(333). https://doi.org/10.1093/jxb/50.333.517