- Degree in Biology, University of Patras, Department of Biology (Greece)
- MSc in Biological Oceanology – University of Western Brittany, (Brest, France)
- PhD, in Biological Oceanography, University of Western Brittany (France).
- Population Ecology
- Marine Ecology
- Sampling theory and applications in ecology
- Population dynamics and fisheries management
- Environmental impact evaluation methods
- Computational analysis of oceanographic data
- Structure and functioning of marine ecosystems
Research and other activities
Fundamental and applied research in marine ecology and fisheries. Fisheries – environment interactions, structure and functioning of lagoon fisheries, protection and management of sensitive coastal ecosystems.
- Koutsikopoulos, C., Fortier, L. and Gagné, J.A. 1991. – Cross-shelf dispersion of Dover sole eggs and larvae (Solea solea) in Biscay Bay and recruitment to inshore nurseries. Journal of Plankton Research, 13: 923-945.
- Koutsikopoulos C. and Le Cann B. 1996. – Physical processes and hydrological structures related to the Bay of Biscay anchovy. Scientia Marina, 60(2): 9-19
- Dimitriou E., G. Katselis, D. K. Moutopoulos, C. Akovitiotis, and C. Koutsikopoulos. 2007. Possible influence of reared gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata, L.) on wild stocks in the area of the Mesolonghi lagoon (Ionian Sea, Greece). Aquaculture Research, 38(4): 398-408
- Mantzouni I.; S. Somarakis; D.K. Moutopoulos; A. Kallianiotis; C. Koutsikopoulos. 2007. Periodic, spatially structured matrix model for the study of anchovy (Engraulis encrasicolus) population dynamics in N Aegean Sea (E Mediterranean). Ecological Modeling, 208 (2-4):367-377
- Zompola S, Katselis G, Koutsikopoulos C, Cladas Y. 2008. Temporal patterns of glass eel migration (Anguilla anguilla L. 1758) in relation to environmental factors in the Western Greek inland waters. Estuarine Coastal and Shelf science, 80(3): 330-338.
- Ferentinos G., Papatheodorou G., Geraga M., Iatrou M., Fakiris E., Christodoulou D., Dimitriou E., Koutsikopoulos C. 2010. Fjord water circulation patterns and dysoxic/anoxic conditions in a Mediterranean semi-enclosed embayment in the Amvrakikos Gulf, Greece. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 88: 473-481.
- Guyader O., P. Berthou B, C. Koutsikopoulos, F. Alban, S. Demanèche, M.B. Gaspar, R. Eschbaum, E. Fahy, O. Tully, L. Reynal, O. Curtil, K. Frangoudes, F. Maynou. 2013. Small scale fisheries in Europe: A comparative analysis based on a selection of case studies. Fisheries Research,140: 1-13.
- Moutopoulos D.K., Koutsikopoulos C. 2014. Fishing strange data in fisheries statistics of Greece. Marine Policy, 48: 114-122.